Saturday, April 21, 2012

Do you have an imagination?


Do you have an imagination? 


I often ask myself this when I meet people. It’s as if they are just floating through life, taking things as they come and never thinking of what could be or how to make it a reality. I must say it is a disturbing site to see, but I see it all too often.

I ask this question because I am constantly thinking. People tell me I’m weird, but I think it’s just that I have an imagination. I am always looking ahead, planning, contemplating, preparing. I can’t say that for most people. Or if they do think, they aren’t thinking very hard.

I have a million things I want to do in life. Sometimes that can be a bad thing. I get an idea, then once it gets going I’m ready to move on to my next idea, whether the previous objective was met or not. However, that may be because I get tired of the same old thing all the time.

The best thing to do to improve your imagination is to find that special place where you can just think. I spend hours everyday alone, just so I can think. Sometimes it’s in the car while driving to work, sometimes it’s in bed before I go to sleep or before I get up. I have to say that my best thinking spot, is on the toilet. For some strange reason ideas, thoughts, creativity just comes to me. Who knows why. Weird, huh?

Anyway, I bring this up because I have been thinking a lot lately about what I want for my life and how I want to make it possible. Currently my plan is to focus on traveling. I have obviously been reading and researching a lot about bikes, cycling long distances, and other various factors of what it would take to make it happen. One of the greatest things I have learned is the power of sponsorships. To have someone else pay for your trip while providing a valuable service or tool to their company in return could really change things. I have had some very informative discussions with people who have already done this successfully and it seems awesome. Basically a dream come true! That’s how I see it at least.

I hope everyone takes a moment, or a moment everyday for the rest of their life to just think. Think about what you want to accomplish, what it will take to get there, and when you plan to accomplish it. Having a definitive chief aim is the most important factor of all when it comes to success, and many people don’t seem to have anything in mind. They want money, fame, etc. but without a clear objective they don’t know when they have achieved it.

My goal in life, or definitive chief aim, is to visit as many places in the world as I can. To experience different cultures, landmarks, and see God’s creations. That may or may not appeal to you, but to me that’s what I live for. I love to plan trips. I love to meet new people and share stories with them. And I love buying things in other countries as souvenirs. If I could do that for a living that’s what I’d do forever. Hopefully now that I have a purpose in life, I can make it a reality.

I bring all of this up because for a long time I thought I had a clear vision of what I wanted. I worked to make it all possible, and now that I’ve succeeded and reached it, and in some cases surpassed it, I realize that’s not what I wanted at all.

Like I said, my goal is to do lots of things. My current objective can be summed up the quote, “I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.” I’m not sure who said it exactly, but it’s perfect for me. It’s my motivation.

What is your motivation? What will put you over the top? Think about it. Now go out and use your imagination to determine what you want out of life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment