Sunday, January 20, 2013

Eleven Travel Experiences Worth Remembering


Recently I was thinking of all the really awesome things I have been able to do in my life. I wanted to take a moment to reminisce about those things and explain why they were so influential in my life. I’m sure I could list dozens, or even hundreds of things, but for this evaluation I am limiting it to the top eleven and all of them are travel based. I decided to focus on travel because it is my passion. The thing I live for most. It is the one thing that can always keep me striving for more. I am fascinated by what the world has to offer, and there is no better way to understand those intricacies then to go out, explore, and discover it on my own.

In 31 years I have been fortunate enough to travel all over the world. I have been to 28 countries on 6 continents, but the vast majority of my experiences have been in the U.S. and Canada traveling with my family every summer in a packed van visiting some of the most beautiful places on earth. I have been to 46 states and 8 provinces. It is indescribable to express to someone that hasn’t had the opportunity to see the things I have seen in person. Photos don’t always do it justice either. My advice, if you really want to know what is out there, go see it for yourself. And when you go, really immerse yourself in the experience. Take time to feel, hear, smell, touch, and see everything around you. Make it a worthwhile experience that you will cherish forever.

Although most of my traveling has been done in the U.S., the majority of the best things I have done were in other countries. It’s not that there weren’t great memories here, it’s just I have had the ability to a lot more when going overseas for various reasons. Part of it was money – when traveling overseas I’m spending my own money and when I see something that sounds too good to pass up I have to do it. I also am traveling with my brother when going to other countries and he is willing and able to do the same things as me, whereas when with other family members it may not always be possible.

Now that I have explained my reasoning for this list a little bit I will share the top eleven things I have done. As I travel more and more over the years I’m sure many of these things will be pushed aside, but for the time being they are the absolute best memories I have of traveling. With that being said, every moment is special in it’s own way and something I will always remember. I can’t even say these are in any particular order because each one was as awesome as the next. Some of these also may not sound that neat on the surface compared to other things, but the fact that where it took place, it was my first time, or other various reasons it makes it stand out more.



No comments:

Post a Comment