Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Law of Attraction


Law of Attraction

In February of 2012 I began going to yoga at a local gym. I spent the first 3 months just focusing on conditioning through weight training and cardio work, mostly running on the treadmill and going to a spin class.

After four months of hard training and seeing dramatic results in terms of my strength and fitness I was in the best shape of my life, or at least in the last 10 years. I was doing 800 crunches a day, running a mile in less than 7 minutes, after having completed an hour weight lifting session that either consisted of arms and chest or back and shoulders. Occasionally I would include legs as well. If I wasn’t running I was cycling for an hour at a high tempo.

After two or three hours of training I would go to the indoor soccer field and play for another 2 hours. I had nothing else to do and I wanted to improve my overall health of my body. I would even work out for 2 hours lifting and running followed by an indoor or outdoor soccer game. I was playing on 4 teams at the time. I continued this process for the next 8 months, taking a two month break while I was on vacation in New Zealand and Australia for the summer. I eventually strained my back lifting weights and had to take some time off.

As I was working out I focused on myself and my own goals. I didn’t interact with any of the other people there very often because I didn’t know them. Eventually I discovered a friend was a member and convinced her to work out with me occasionally.

She wasn’t into doing the same things as I was so that didn’t last very long. In the meantime I kept thinking that a gym should have more attractive girls. It seemed like everyone was middle aged women, or guys. It wasn’t very satisfying in the potential dating aspect of going to a gym and meeting a fit woman.

However, in February things began to change. The teacher of my favorite cycling class moved. As a result I stopped going to cycling. By doing so I came in contact with people I had never seen before. Being in a dark room for an hour and playing soccer with a bunch of guys didn’t lend itself to meeting girls.

I had been thinking extremely hard about wanting to meet someone at the gym. A girl that is pretty, healthy, and knows how to work out properly just seemed like a natural fit for me. One evening it happened. I was lifting weights and noticed an extremely good looking lady across the way. She looked like she was in her mid-20s. I kept thinking to myself that she is really pretty and I should go talk to her sometime.

I didn't have the courage to do that; however, I always noticed her looking at me. In my head I was thinking she must want me to talk to her if she keeps looking at me all the time. She would walk right by me, shaking her butt as she walked. That must be a sign. She seemed to be going out of her way to cross my path even if it was a longer route to where she ended up. Again I was thinking she must be trying to get my attention.

Even though I had no clue who this girl was I was thinking about her all the time. Wondering how I could approach her and not seem like just another guy at the gym trying to pick up some cute girl. I saw other guys talk to her, but they didn’t seem to be getting her attention. I thought I didn’t want to end up like them and then it be awkward every time I came to the gym from then on.

I noticed that she was going to yoga a few times a week. I had never done yoga, had no real desire to do yoga, and didn’t even know what took place in yoga, but if it meant I had a chance to talk to this girl then I should start going.

About a month went by of thinking about trying yoga for the first time. I didn’t want to go alone though. I convinced my friend to come with me. We went to a beginner class for the first few times just to get an understanding of what it was all about. I didn’t want to try to make an impression on a girl and then look like an idiot. That wouldn’t be good.

I went for a few weeks and felt like I was ready to start going to the more advanced classes. Those were the popular classes and the ones the girl I was interested in went to. Another month past before I finally decided I was truly ready for yoga at the next level. By this time I had still been seeing the same girl everyday at the gym at the same time. She continued to make eye contact with me. She even began doing work outs on machines right next to me.

I thought for sure this was it. I was going to talk to her. She was coming closer to me and I was ready to go to yoga and see her. The door was open. Thinking about this stuff all the time was starting to make me believe it. It was almost as if my thoughts were manifesting into reality.

I could walk into the gym and workout for 30 minutes and wonder why she wasn’t at the gym. Just as I would start to think that I would see her walk in almost on cue. It was kind of strange.

She is a cute girl that works out at the gym by herself and constantly looks at me and follows me around. She must be single and she must want to get to know me. I told myself that I would go to yoga and that would be my chance.

I went to my first hot yoga class sometime in March. It was extremely difficult. I was sweating like crazy and exhausted. I had no clue what to expect. I felt like I was going to pass out, which was one of the reasons I was hesitant to even go in the first place. If I wanted to follow through on my plan and talk to this stranger I had to do it.

A few days passed and I continued with my normal workout routine. Something was a little different though when I saw the girl at the gym one night. She had a ring on her finger! For 2 months I had seen this girl almost every day, no ring. She was even at the gym alone on Valentine’s Day. There is no way she could be married. No way she could be dating someone even. How in the world was that possible that she could be married?

It was like a kick to the gut. I spent all this time wanting something that I couldn’t even have. I felt like I had wasting my time and energy thinking all this stuff. I thought in the back of my head that maybe she wasn’t married and just wore a ring to keep guys from talking to her. That seemed feasible.

Turns out that was a wrong assumption. I found out she was married. I continued to see her at the gym, but tried to avoid her as much as possible. I stopped looking at her and moved away anytime she was around. I walked the long way to different machines just so I wouldn’t have to see her.

This whole time I was saying things to myself and getting the results I had wanted. Almost as if I was manifesting my desires. I would later discover that this was through the Law of Attraction. I was using a technique I didn’t even know existed. I thought I was just psychic or like Yoda and could control people’s thoughts and actions. In a way I guess I was.

As time went on I quit thinking about her. Quit seeing her. I told myself that I wanted her out of my life and to never see her again. That seemed impossible since I had seen her almost every day for months. Slowly overtime she stopped coming. I hurt my back so I stopped working out as much and just focused on yoga.

I haven’t seen her in months at the gym. Amazing how I could bring someone in and push someone away all through the power of thinking. Had I recognized I had this power I would have been utilizing it all along, my entire life.

Looking back now there have been times when I wanted something really badly and then it happened. I assumed it was coincidence or just luck or that I deserved it. Now I understand that I was tapping into an energy field much greater than I could have ever imagined.

To experience this and begin to understand what it can do is truly inspiring and mind boggling. As a result of this experience my mind has begun opening to new possibilities and realities. I notice myself attracting things at will now.

They may not always be exactly what I desire or when I desire them, but eventually they do come. My goal now is to focus the energy in a more positive way and to be more exact in my intentions to have better results.

I have had countless other experiences since this time that I can contribute to the Law of Attraction. As I think about something or ask myself questions it seems as though the answers are presented to me. It is really very amazing and indescribable. It is the type of event that must be experienced to fully appreciate.

I have spoken to friends and family about having reached enlightenment recently and I said it more as a joke due to crazy thoughts coming into my head that weren’t there before, but as I study more and more I discover that maybe I am on a path of enlightenment and understanding.

I have begun reading books about content and ideas I never would have considered before. People in my life have provided me with guidance and answers to questions I never asked, but was seeking in my own mind.
The mind has a plethora of abilities that most of us are never aware of and never activate. I feel like for the first time in my life I am doing just that, activating and receiving higher level thinking at a more spiritual and emotional state than ever before.

My mind is like a receptor, receiving messages floating through the air. A few years ago I began reading a book by Napoleon Hill about attracting wealth. The whole concept sounded far-fetched, but possible. I thought I understood what he was expressing, but now I have a whole new and deeper connection to what he was conveying.

I began thinking about what he said and contemplating strange new theories. Ideas that I never would have considered in the past. Things I had no knowledge about. Crazy ideas really that just popped into my head. Through the use of meditation the events are starting to actually make sense.

I don’t have as many pointless thoughts anymore. I still day dream in my mind and recreate past conversations and try to understand the meaning. I also think about future conversations I want to have and try to plan what I would say in case there is a particular question or event I must respond to. Of course I don’t know what will actually take place, but it makes me feel more prepared when those issues arise.

I am now at a stage where I don’t let those thoughts control my actions as much. I have them, but I am actually aware I am having them. I am able to stop myself or just let them pass when they run their course. It was as if I didn’t even have control over them before, but now I realize I can stop them whenever I choose.

As a result new thoughts will pop into my mind. These thoughts are more abstract, deeper, higher level contemplation. Almost hypothetical, spiritual, emotional, physical. I notice things I didn’t before about my body and my beliefs. I question things I wouldn’t have before and I question them with the intent of finding the answer without thinking I already knew.

It is almost as if everything has come full circle. No longer do things go in one ear and out the other unnoticed or unrecognized. Everything has a profound meaning from the mundane tasks to the big events. Life has purpose. Everyone we come in contact with is there to teach us something. It is our job to discover what that is. Don’t waste a moment, you only have so many.   

No comments:

Post a Comment