Friday, August 31, 2012

Vayama-Etihad Airways - Trip to Abu Dhabi

On July 31, 2012 - the day I returned from my One Man, One Journey trip to Australia and New Zealand in search of adventure - I entered a contest to win two free round-trip tickets to Abu Dhabi on Etihad Airways.

The contest rules are posted here:

http://promoshq.wildfireapp.com/website/6/contests/248251.

The rules were to like Vayama's Facebook page, the sponsor of the contest, and submit your best vacation photograph. I had just returned from my trip and one of my favorite pictures was of myself pretending to drop a ring into the top of "Mt. Doom" in Tongariro National Park in New Zealand on the North Island.

The ring was taken from "The Lord of the Rings Risk Game" that I have. My brother carried it with him on a lanyard for the entire trip specifically so he could get this picture.

As we were leaving in the evening after a day of hiking there was a beautiful sunset so we pulled over on the side of the road to get pictures. He pulled out the ring and the photography began. Of all the pictures that were taken this one was the best.



It shows me dropping the ring from a few miles away, but with the right angle and proper stance it was possible. Naturally, by completing this task I was able to save Middle Earth from destruction and destroyed the eye of Sauron and the Orcs.

On another note, I had entered another contest on Facebook a month before we left for New Zealand. It was on the Gore-Tex page to win a jacket from Outdoor Research. Ironically, I wore the jacket almsot every day of our trip and can be seen in this photograph.

The person that actually won didn't respond in time so I was the lucky recipient for their misfortune. I am in the running for a few other Facebook contests as well and hopefully I will be a finalist and the ultimate winner of those too.

To help me win this photo contest I need your help, the help of your friends, family, children, grandchildren, co-workers, and anyone else you know.

All you have to do is click the link below and select "vote" for my photo in the green box. Share the link with all your friends. You can vote 1 time per day from August 31-September 9. The winner will be chosen on September 10

You are also welcome to leave a comment if you like.

Thank you in advance for all of your help and support! The link is below:

http://promoshq.wildfireapp.com/website/6/contests/248251/voteable_entries/55617414


No comments:

Post a Comment